A Handy Little List of Things to Put You at Ease
We all know life can get pretty hectic sometimes, so I’ve compiled a list of things to help you tone down the stress factor for a while, kick back and relaaxxxx…
- Take a bath. It will relax your muscles, warm you up, and with a touch of a bath bomb you will be left smelling a treat!
- Listen to your favourite chill-tunes. Having a playlist on your ipod/phone/etc full of soothing, mellow songs can really help to bump up your mood (Chet Faker is my personal favourite).
- Read! Take a few minutes to read a couple of chapters on your current book or the latest yen/frankie/cleo/dolly/whatever magazine, it can help you to escape reality for a while and inspire happy thoughts.
- Play with your pets. Most pets love a bit of TLC and you can benefit from it too! Go and have a lil chat and play a bit of fetch, it will do you both some good!
- Draw. Whipping up some quick little doodles to express your feelings (even if you think they’re rubbish) can really help you to relax and lift a weight from your shoulders. Plus it’s cute!
- Exercise. Going for a run or doing a few quick sit ups can make a world of difference. As a natural release of endorphins, exercising is a world-wide recommended stress-buster. Sweat it out, baby!
- Organise your room/workspace. Having a clear environment can help to clear your mind! Tidy up that mess that’s been accumulating under the bed for a while, glue in those loose worksheets in your school books, and give yourself a super clear workspace, only keep the essentials!
- Turn off your phone. Ignore those notifications! Block out the virtual world for a little while, it won’t kill you, I promise!
- Redecorate your room. Looking at something different and feeling like something has started fresh can often make you relax and feel more motivated to make further changes in your life.
That’s about all I’ve got for now! If you’re reading this and you have any ideas of your own, comment them when you reblog and pass on your fabulous tips and tricks!
Love, Gem x